Spring break is just around the corner, and you know what that means. People everywhere will be emerging from their winter shells to indulge in some much-needed warmer weather.
Unlike the derelict and dilapidated destinations of yesteryear like Panama City Beach, Florida, people today have more nuance in their spring break decision making process. Some might opt for a national park, while others may enjoy a staycation. The wealthy among us rent a chateau in Chamonix and dip their toes in the Mediterranean.
Let’s be real--those folks aren’t reading this blog looking for spring break ideas, but you are.
This is a blog of the people. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of 5 awesome, warm-weather spring break destination ideas for the rest of us.
- San Diego, CA - San Diego is what paradise looks like. Warm year round, this city has so many things to do, there’s no way you can get to all of them in one week. Enjoy the ocean, then visit their world famous zoo. Take a short drive to Mexico and indulge in some street tacos. This place is awesome.
- Savannah, GA - Savannah is one of the oldest cities in the United States, and its history is everywhere. River Street has old-world charm, while the Victorian District has incredible mansions that are truly jaw-dropping. Come for the warm weather, and stay for the Southern charm!
- Austin, TX - Austin is the capital of Texas, and it’s also one of the most awesome cities in the U.S. Famous for its music scene, you can catch a concert practically any night of the week. Take a tour around the University of Texas, and change your entire life by chowing down on some Texas BBQ. Ten gallon hat not required.
- Bisbee, AZ - In the middle of the Arizona desert lies Bisbee, Arizona, a unique place with real Western flair. This small town has shopping, a brewery district, and even ghost tours. Take a journey deep into the earth with the Queen Mine Tour. I’ve heard that the burgers at Bisbee’s Table are to die for.
- Destin, FL - If Panama City Beach is Las Vegas, then Destin is San Francisco. The beaches are cleaner, the water is clearer, and you probably aren’t likely to see drunk people stumbling down the sidewalk at 10:00 in the morning. Destin has beaches like you would expect Florida to have. They’re wide, fluffy, white, filled with fine sand, and the sunsets on the Gulf of Mexico are gorgeous.
There you have it! Those are my five destination suggestions for a fun, warm spring break. Do you have any places you’d like to share? I definitely don’t know every awesome nook and cranny of this giant country, so put your gems in the comments.
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to get in the sun! Don't forget to capture all the great memories you make, and remember to send your old memories from spring breaks past to Legacybox to get them digitized!