Spring time is just around the corner, which means it’s time to swap out all the winter decor in your home for bright and colorful florals and pastels. What better way to enter into the spring season than to create your very own personalized spring wreath? A floral wreath can be a beautiful addition to any home, and adding beloved family photos will take your wreath to a whole new level.
As guests enter your home for spring holidays, show them what means the most to you with a beautiful, family-oriented front door wreath.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Flat-backed styrofoam ring
- Lots of artificial flowers
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Favorite photos (4-5 is a good number!) cut in any shape you like
- One small roll of wire
- Optional framing for photos - you can decorate the edges of each photo with ribbon, stickers, etc.
- Trim all the stems off the faux flowers using your scissors and wire cutters. Leave about 1-2 inches of stem so that you can use the wire to pop the flowers into the styrofoam wreath.
- Cut the wire roll with your wire cutters into 4 inch pieces. You’ll need as many wire pieces as photos you’ll be using in the wreath.
- Bend each wire piece at 1 inch. Glue the smallest section of each wire piece onto the backs of your photos, leaving the 3 inches extending from the backs of the photos.
- Position all the flowers where you best like them by popping the stems into the styrofoam of the wreath. Don’t glue them yet - make sure you like the finalized positions first.
- Next, position the photos you want to include on your wreath. Use the wire to pop the photos into place amongst the flowers. Do not glue anything down yet - just play around with different positions and see what you like the best.
- Once you like the positions of all the flowers and photos, use the hot glue gun to glue everything into position. A little glue goes a long way!
- After letting the wreath dry for at least 2 hours, hang your wreath on a door using either a door hook or a nail. The flat back of the styrofoam ring will allow your personalized wreath to hang flush with your door.
And that’s all there is to it! This wreath is a lovely home decoration that shows off your family and your personal style in a way that no store-bought wreath ever could. Your family photos are irreplaceable, so why not immortalize them in a beautiful wreath instead of letting them gather dust in photo albums over the years?
Our memories are the most important things we have. Photographs from the past can help us connect to family and friends that we may not be able to visit easily or those who may have passed on. With Legacybox, you can keep your most valuable photographs and home videos safe and secure by digitizing them! The process is simple - we will send you your very own Legacybox that you can fill up with your precious photos, film, and tapes. Send it back to us, and in a few weeks time you will receive digital copies of all your favorite memories, plus all your originals! What a perfect way to ensure the quality of your most priceless memories.