With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, it’s time to start planning for the big feast. Whether you’re celebrating with friends or family, it’s important to have your house sufficiently decorated for the big day. The most important area for decorations is, of course, the dining room table!
A centerpiece draws the eyes and invites guests to have a seat and stay awhile. A beautiful or unique centerpiece can provoke discussion and provide a great aesthetic to any holiday party. We’ve gathered a few of the best, easiest, and most beautiful harvest centerpiece ideas for you to try this Thanksgiving. Which one will you use?
Pumpkin Cutting Board Centerpiece
This centerpiece is super easy to make but looks elegant and perfect for fall.
- Large cutting board with handle
- Multiple pumpkins of various sizes and colors (try pale green, pale yellow, and white!)
- Mason jars and/or votive candle holders
- Tea light candles
- Optional sprigs of faux baby’s breath
- Place a large wooden cutting board in the center of your dining room table.
- Arrange the different pumpkins on the cutting board, leaving some space between them.
- Arrange the mason jars and/or votives on and around the cutting board. Put tealight candles inside and light them.
- If you have sprigs of baby’s breath or other greenery, place them around the pumpkins and candles.
Indian Corn Centerpiece
This centerpiece only requires a few supplies and can be made in just a few minutes.
- Large glass vase
- 5-6 ears of Indian corn
- Walnuts, almonds, and chestnuts, all in their shells
- Cinnamon-scented pinecones
- Fill up the large glass vase halfway with the various nuts.
- Arrange the ears of Indian corn to create a bouquet effect.
- Place the cinnamon-scented pinecones around the ears of Indian corn.
Pumpkin Lantern Centerpiece
This simple centerpiece will fit perfectly in any minimalist home.
- One large outdoor lantern
- Various small pumpkins and gourds
- Optional sprigs of red berries
- Fill the large lantern with the small pumpkins and gourds.
- Place sprigs of red berries in or around the lantern on your table.
Mini White Pumpkin Centerpiece
This charming centerpiece is the perfect fall look for the farmhouse or boho home.
- Large oval-shaped wooden bowl
- Lots of miniature, white pumpkins (or paint regular mini pumpkins white)
- Large lace doily that will fit inside the wooden bowl
- Place the large, oval-shaped bowl in the center of your table.
- Set the lace doily down inside the bowl.
- Place the miniature white pumpkins in the bowl and around the table.
Make sure that whichever centerpiece you choose to make you take lots of pictures of your loved ones gathered around the table this Thanksgiving. There’s nothing more important than spending time with those we care about the most. It’s what the holidays are all about. Happy Thanksgiving!