Eat a banana lately? Well, there’s scientific proof that this curvy fruit is good for not just your body, but also brain. Studies show that this iconic yellow snack boosts mood, relieves itches and burns, and lessens chances of all kinds of immunity-related issues. Dare I say it, but these fun facts are bananas!:
- Bananas help to overcome depression, due to their high levels of tryptophan. This nutrient is converted into serotonin, a neurotransmitter compound known for triggering happiness in the brain.
- Eating bananas prior to exercise helps provide energy, prevent muscle cramps, and sustain blood sugar.
- Bananas deliver iron, which strengthens blood and reduces swelling.
- The fruit is proven to help relieve stress and regulate blood sugar.
- For women, bananas can reduce PMS symptoms.
- Similarly, bananas help calm the nervous system, due to their high levels of B vitamins.
- Bananas help stir digestion and have been said to aid weight loss. Additionally, they produce digestive enzymes that assist in absorbing beneficial nutrients—mainly calcium.
- Because they coat the stomach lining in a particular way, bananas are the only raw fruit that can relieve stomach ulcers, without causing distress to the tummy.
- Because of its soft and smooth texture, the banana is actually used to treat several acid-related stomach issues. (This includes heartburn and morning sickness.)
- The potassium in bananas makes the brain more alert, and therefore can cause you to feel smarter, more efficient, and less distracted. Some schools provide bananas to students during exam week to lift brain power.
- They gently remove heavy metals from the body and offer high quantities of fiber that help to normalize bowel movements. All in all, they put the digestive tract on track!
- For those trying to quit smoking, the fruit’s high levels of B-vitamins, magnesium, and potassium assist the recovery process and lower the effects of withdrawal.
- Experts have found that the inside of a banana peel can help rid the skin of warts, and that when a banana is rubbed along a bug bite or hives, it assists relieve itching and irritation.
- Got a hangover? Apparently bananas are the cure! Banana milkshakes are considered one of the quickest ways to get rid of a gnarly hangover, since the fruit itself can calm the stomach and milk can rehydrate the system.
Chances are you ran to the kitchen halfway through reading this, but if you made it this far, now’s the time to go grab one of these bizarre, crescent-moon-shaped bits of deliciousness and enjoy its physical and mental health benefits!