Did you have a slew of old-fashioned memories sitting around in a closet somewhere that you finally decided to take somewhere to get digitized? If so, well done! That’s a great idea, and we completely commend you.
Now that your old photographs, videos, or audio recordings have made their way into the 21st century, it’s time to figure out what to do with those newly created files. The possibilities are basically endless. Anytime that there are so many options, it can feel impossible to know where to start. Not to worry, we’re here to help. Here are 10 great things you can plan to do with your freshly digitized memories.
- Make a Backup - Out of all of the tips we’ll give you in this article, this is the most important one. Even though your memories are now digitized, it’s still important to create a backup. Use the cloud, CDs, or a thumb drive.
- Have a Party! - Sharing your memories with people is the best part of getting them digitized! Create a slideshow of all of your favorite pictures and have them playing on a TV while you sip cocktails and talk about the good ole days!
- Print Some Copies - Now that your photos and videos are digitized, you can make copies really easily! Order some from your favorite pharmacy and mail them around. You can even use them to make Christmas cards, calendars, and more!
- Make T-shirts - Who hasn’t always wanted their face on a t-shirt? Now’s your chance. With a little help from a local printer, you can create awesome t-shirts with your face on them.
- Share on Facebook - If you took a great picture but it didn’t get any Facebook likes, did you really take a good picture? It’s the great paradox of our time. Get those likes. You know you want to.
- Create a Photo Release Plan on Instagram - Every marketing professional knows that any advertising campaign that’s worth a darn requires a meticulously planned calendar. Create your release plan and maximize the social capital return on your memories.
- Email to Family and Friends - Some people don’t have social media accounts. That’s ok, you can just blow up their email inboxes with your favorite pictures, videos, and other recordings!
- Create a YouTube Channel - If videos are good for one thing, it’s creating a YouTube channel that you hope can go viral. Monitize those bad boys, and you just might be sitting on viral gold!
- Make Indie Music Video - If there’s one thing that hipsters love, it’s making a music video. If you want to maximize the emotive feeling of nostalgia, you have to have super 8 videos. Guess what you just got digitized? Probably super 8 videos. Use them well.
- Save for Blackmail - Maybe there are some juicy photos in your cache of old memories. The only way to use them properly is to blackmail your family and friends with them. Do you have a picture of your sister during her dorky, huge eyeglasses, horse-loving phase? You’d better whip those things out at opportune times to make sure she knows who really has the upper hand.
In all seriousness, getting your memories digitized is an awesome thing, and it opens all sorts of doors for fun activities. What good are memories if you’re not sharing them?